Thursday, July 8, 2010

Number Sense

I have been asking Kevin questions about numbers lately, just to see what he understands. Here was our conversation today:

Me: Kevin, what is one more than 2?
Kevin: 3!
Me: What is two more than 2?
Kevin: 4!
Me: What is three more than 2?
Kevin: 5!
Me: What is four more than 2?
Kevin: 6!
Me: What is five more than 2?
Kevin: 7!
Me (thinking he is just counting up now): What is four more than 2?
Kevin: 6!
Me: What is three more than 2?
Kevin: 5!

I think he gets it. I was very surprised at his number sense, especially since last week when we asked him what three more than 4 was and he didn't know. This was the first time he has told me anything more than "two more."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW !!!!

McGuire Family Blog said...

Who said this?

Kelly said...

already smarter than his dad!

Kerr Family said...

Obviously they want to remain anonymous. Stop pressuring them to reveal themselves. Bully.