I am sitting here typing this, watching the boys. They have not separated since I sat down and started talking to them. At this point in their lives, they wrestle when brushing teeth. They wrestle when cleaning. They are connected at most times. The will sit and talk to each other lying on each other, giggling, play fighting, laughing, and talking. They have been like this as long as Colin has been mobile. At this point, they are no longer together when they sleep. (Colin is now in Gwyn's room.) But every thing else is still the same.
At some point, they will not be like this, not in the same way. I know they may outgrow giving each other kisses on tops of their heads, or walking up and wrapping their arms around each other. Or maybe they won't. But I am positive that these two boys have a very special bond - different than other brothers. I usually describe them as two halves of a whole. I can't think of a better way to explain it. If you have never noticed it, look for it. It won't be hard to find.
1 comment:
I know what you mean. I feel exactly the same about my girls! Two havles of a whole is good way to describe it. And watching them interact is my favorite thing about motherhood. Except maybe snuggling.
Post a Comment