Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Mother's Day Treat

For Mother's Day this year, I took the family to see Captain America: Civil War. I loved it. I wanted to see the movie, but I know the boys also really wanted to see it. So that was my treat to myself. It was a good thing we had bought our seats early since the theater was packed. And since we had the loveseat seats, we all got to sit together.

Afterward I made a new kind of chicken (I have been looking up recipes online to a good amount of success.) that people liked. We had a small BBQ in the backyard. I invited Cathy, Ruby and Dave, as well as my mom. There was swinging, ladder golf, and eating. So it was great. I got a nap in the afternoon and then dinner with my mom and the boys. (Kevin and Gwyn took out his mom for dinner.)

But really the best treat was that my boys actually took pictures with me. Colin rarely lets me take his picture, and so with minimal prodding, they took a few pictures with me on my phone. And of course, a few faceswaps ensued.









1 comment:

Kerr Family said...

Every year I ask for a picture with the girls for Mother's Day...with minimal success. The struggle is real.