Colin had to pick a country to study, and then do two projects. One was a slideshow with a classmate, comparing the two chosen countries, and the other presentation was about his country. Colin chose Canada. At first I was perplexed that he didn't choose something farther away (especially Australia since his aunt, uncle, and cousin live there). But he seemed to really enjoy what he learned.
Here is the poster he made for his individual presentation. I love all the details about Canada on there! And he really seemed to know what he was talking about. When I would ask something he would explain it to us.
He also had to bring in two items from the country. It could be food, art, an example of the language, music, and instrument, etc. He chose maple syrup, which he was excited about because then everyone got to eat some of it. He also chose a hockey stick. That one was more about convenience for the parents, since we had one in the basement. But it worked out great.

No comments:
Post a Comment