Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Tuesday Night

Not much tonight. Some flooring ripped up. Some new holes in walls. Trim removed and de-nailed. A toilet removed. But I thought I would update anyway. Why not? It is not like I have a blog to write about someone doing something awesome, like running a marathon in 2:48:31. Nope, nothing to do at all.

Some of the lovely* wall paper still lurking in places in out kitchen.

Gwyn helped out while her brothers watched The Flash. She fed us pretzels. (Our hand were dirty or busy.) She got daddy a band-aid when he started bleeding. It was a Frozen Elsa band-aid. She also helped sweep up, as well as open doors for us when we took stuff to the dump! And she talked the entire time, kind of like Colin.

She loved the "window" in the bathroom. She wanted a picture smiling...

then one with a silly face...

then one dancing.

Sweeping. Although at this point the boys were brushing teeth and I think she was avoiding bed.

Kevin was most mad about the toilet tonight. The previous owner (who flipped it in the cheapest way possible) just attached the toilet to the floor with screws. The toilet ring was busted on one side so there was no place for the bolt to go. So they took a deck screw and just attached it to the floor. We despise him more and more each year. The wood will have to be replaced there.

The hole in the bathroom wall will be our new pantry, and the hole in the background, from the laundry room into the dining room marks where the new door will be. The current walkway from the kitchen to the dining room will be closed off.
We also see water damage by the sliding doors. We knew that was there, as we found it when Kevin replaced the siding. (3 years ago) Basically the beams holding up the back of the house were completely rotted and had to be replaced immediately.  Kevin ripped up the linoleum there after I loaded the pictures up tonight, so that will be in the next post. Maybe. I just told you about it so why read about it again?

Off to bed for another exhaustive night of sleep! And I think it is at least once a day, one of us tells the other "I am so glad to be doing this with you." It is exhausting and fun and stressful, but most of all an adventure together. :)

*hideous

No comments: