As for tonight, we finished getting up the tile and backer board. That stuff sucks. I have a hurt shoulder, and can't do much, but I can remove tile since the hurt arm only holds the chisel. But that tile goes flying into my face a hair. I think a piece sliced my arm and that is why I bled the other day. Then the backer board is difficult to remove because there are so many nails. THEN you have to remove all the nails. Just to get to the linoleum.
But the worst part is the dust. It is every where. We opened doors and windows to clear it out, but it. is. everywhere. Every surface in the kitchen, the coffee table in the family room (yes, even with the tarps), even in my teeth. Ugh. Butwe are finished!
I also had to talk to the kids about being careful and not to get too messy, as there was spaghetti sauce on the tarp into the kitchen.... only to have husband tell me later it was him.
Here are pictures from tonight. Oh, and we take back the comment about the linoleum. As much work as this is, I am not sure we still would have rather had the linoleum for 8 years. That stuff is ugly.
The kids even helped tonight. As we removed tile, they filled up buckets and then dumped them in the dumpster. We have a giant one in front of our house until Friday. Yesterday Kevin tried to play in it with his friend, which meant they were climbing on top of the highest piles. I had to stop that as there was BROKEN GLASS AND METAL IN THERE! But when it was emptier, Kevin and Gywn did love to stomp in it. That was fine.
![]() |
| This was tile last night! Here is the last lonely piece of tile. Kevin left it for me to remove while I put the kids to bed. |
![]() |
| Here is a small section of the nails from the backer board. This is after we swept up. Most of the time we just looked in the dust and debris, which made me feel like a niffler. |
![]() |
| It is gone! Now tomorrow we just finish the linoleum, and the carpet will go next week! Man this stuff is ugly. And oddly stained. |





1 comment:
The dark area of the linoleum is probably the unbleached section that was under an area rug.
Post a Comment