So I will do my best to update events that have happened. I know I will miss some. I know they will be out of order. But at least they will be posted.
So let's start with family news. We didn't really know if Kevin, Colin and Gwyn were going to have cousins for a while. And then, wham, they get two within a few months of each other! My sister Cathy and her husband Dave welcomed Ruby Helen on February 5. This little girl is a.ma.zing. I am a bit crazy when she is around, but I have learned to share her with other people. (Inside I am still screaming for her.) She stayed overnight with us a few weeks ago, and naturally she loved the Baby Whisperer (Kevin). We also discovered Baby Whisperer 2 with another Kevin.
BUT THERE IS MORE! Aunt Kelly and her husband Kev (Yes, another one.) are expecting a baby at the end of July! This baby will be part Aussie, and we will have to survive on pictures only for a time, but the kids are still excited. Especially BW2 (Baby Whisperer 2 AKA Kevin). And Gwyn loves babies. Colin is more "Meh" about everyone's babies.
More updates:
This picture was found on the camera. Someone knows how to take selfies.
Update on me:
I had a very busy spring. I ran two half-marathons! I started training in November, and I really didn't tell many people. (I think Cathy told more on accident than I told on purpose.) My first one was the Go! St. Louis half marathon. I kept thinking about my friends who have run and how they all said they started out too fast. And I was also told by people that I will be happy to just finish. So I ran it sooooo sssslllloooowwww. I am not a great runner, but I really felt like I just wasted my time out there. I was not happy just to finish. So I cried for a day and then registered for the Via Christie Illinios half marathon the next weekend. Kevin was going to stay home with the kids (I had to drive to Champaigne-Urbana for the run.) and I was going with my mom. But Kevin wanted to be there, so thankfully his parents took the kids. I know that he was very happy to be there, and I was happy he was there as well. So thank you to them! As for the run, I finished 24 minutes faster, and I am pretty confident that I could have finished 5 minutes faster had I planned it differently. Kevin met me 3 miles from the end and finished with me. He said the entire time no one passed me! Much better than last time. And my mom was in the stadium at the finish line to cheer me on! The photo company somehow has ZERO pictures of me at the finish line, and I am a bit mad about that. I do have a photo from the start line, but I can't find it in my email. I will upload it later. The best part? I trained once and got two shirts!
Kevin ran Read Right And Run! It was in Forest Park the day before my half marathon, so it was a big weekend for us! He did GREAT! He was one of the first in his school to finish! He had trained at school, and running around the neighborhood. And he got his own medal!
| Colin looking pretty cool. Gwyn is just happy to have a sign and get to yell at people. |
| He actually lost his shirt and bib, so he borrowed a bib from his daddy. ;) |
Colin is playing baseball! His team is the Sharks. This is the only face he would make for me. He is having fun, and it is adorable to watch him play!
An attempt to get a picture of all 3 of them.
That is all for now. But tune on for more! Until I decide to stop again.




No comments:
Post a Comment