The boys started t-ball last Monday. We lucked out that they are in the same league. The rules stated that each participant needed to be 4 by May 14, 2012. That was Colin's 4th birthday! And the team is for 4 and 5-year olds, and Kevin will be 5 until August. They seem to enjoy being on the same team. Colin stays pretty close to Kevin the entire time, making sure he is next to him in line and in the same groups.
Kevin sometimes forgets to let the batting teachers know he is
left-handed, but I heard him say it tonight. He has a pretty good arm
on him. (Not with aim though.) Colin is less serious. He mostly loves
to play in the dirt. Tonight he just walked away in the middle of
batting practice. I heard the teacher say "You have two more turns!"
but Colin just kept walking while talking to himself.
They both come home very dusty. It reminds me of when I was younger. I loved playing in the dirt as well.
Mostly Kevin and I sit there and laugh because it is just hilarious to
watch such young kids practice baseball. Sometimes a kid will throw the
ball in the wrong direction, or it will bounce off a head (they use
tennis balls), or forget the direction of first base.
 |
| Kevin is in the dark blue hat, Colin's has light blue on the front of it. |
 |
| Colin in the dirt. |
 |
| Stretching. (Kevin is in the center of the picture, Colin is on the right.) Watching jumping jacks is also great. |
 |
| Gwyn loved the water bottle so much that she snuggled on top of it, like her blanket. |
No comments:
Post a Comment