Friday, September 3, 2010

Kevin's Birthday Party

Kevin turned four on August 30th and he wanted a pirate party. So we hosted a friend party at the City Museum. (The family party was the following night.) Ella, Chase, Parker, Emily, Rachel, Ryan and Kyle were all able to attend. I hope they all had fun. From what I saw, I think they did. Parker and Ella even caught a magic show.

Our hope was for Kevin to explore and have fun, hopefully gaining some confidence from his older friends. He used to be hesitant on trying new things, but after this party, I am not sure I can still say that! Kevin climbed everything. I am not kidding. He climbed even the tallest tunnels outside with Daddy, and was excited to take me through them again and again. And he had no problem following Kyle and Chase through the small underground tunnel inside.

Colin was still a bit scared of most things. He didn't ride the train this time. (Good idea!) And he really only ventured into the areas where he could walk with an adult. And surprisingly, he was more than happy to leave a bit earlier than everyone else to head home and take a nap. (Thank you Pappy Grandma!)

Here are some pictures.

Some of the kids in the ball pit outside.


Chase and Emily outside.


Kevin climbing a tunnel outside. He is about 4 stories up.


The kids all made eye patches, hats, and swords. Kevin was very excited.


Kevin and Chase.


Blowing out the candles on the pirate cake.


Great smile!


Kyle and Kevin.


They wanted to wear their pirate gear when they got home. And everyday since.


Colin's pirate face.


Arrrrgghhh!

No comments: