Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Hannah Visits Us! (Oh yeah, her parents came too.)


Last weekend the Kerr's made a late-evening trip to visit us. We haven't seen them since we took the train out to KC for McWeekend a few months ago.

They made it in around 11:00 pm on Friday. For breakfast Saturday morning, all three boys (Kevin, Kevin and Colin) made blueberry waffles for everyone. Colin picked up a habit of scrunching his nose anytime you tried to take a picture. Kevin read a book to Hannah, while Colin circled her slowly, getting closer and closer until he finally gave her a few small kisses. They adored Hannah. Both boys, when taking a break from playing tackle and sword games, enjoyed talking to her. And as was expected, I was not allowed to hold Hannah without screams from Colin. I didn't get to hold her as much as I wanted to, but I will continue to try.

Then we hea ded to the zoo. The Kerr's like to visit zoos in each city they visit. Because we wanted them to know our zoo is the best (because it is) we gave a historic tour. While there, Kevin told me h e w as a gorilla and walked on all fours, but used his knuckles instead of palms. We feel confident that before leaving, the knew our zoo was better than Omaha's.
The most surprising thing about Hannah was how many varieties of birds she can imitate. That girl sqwaks to talk, to laugh, to grunt, to do any form of communication. Also, she already knows how to smile with her eyes. I tried desperatly to capture it in a picture, but she obviously doesn't like me enough to smile. I think it was because I couldn't hold her, courtesy of Colin. She was hilarious and adorable! Following a round of naps, we made cookies and ordered Imo's pizza. Kevin was gracious enough to order thick crust for Megan so she could have "real pizza."

Sunday had us travel to the park, where Kevin (son) called the rock wall "Pride Rock." I tried to convince SteveKerr to present Hannah (like from the movie) but he wouldn't. I even offered to sing. We finished up with a spaghetti dinner before the SteveKerr, Megan and Hannah headed home.

It was a great weekend, and we can't wait to see them again soon! Newman O's!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great photos.

I didn't know Imo's had any "real" pizza.

McGuire Family Blog said...

Too chicken to leave your name when talking badly of Imo's. Be gone with you.

SteveKerr said...

I enjoy Imo's deluxe crackers.

Taco said...

SteveKerr - Due to you insulting comment using the term "cracker", I will no longer buy you Imo's.

Anonymous said...

Hey McGuire Family Blog, cut me some slack. I'm old and it took me forever to post that comment. Too many choices.