Thursday, August 8, 2019

Something I want to remember...

...is watching Gwyneth get her picture taken for 3rd grade.

School pictures this year were taken at Open House. For some reason, the photographer let parents back to look at the pictures and approve them. Well, Gwyn was ready for pictures in a shirt her friend's mom made for her. (It is cute.)

Her first smile was all front teeth. The picture looked.... toothy. So Kevin told her to open her mouth a little bit, which she did. So she had her toothy grin, her chin pulled back and tilted down, and her mouth strangely open.  She took two pictures like this. I told Kevin to keep the last one but he said no. Boring.

Anyway, we are obviously taking a long time. However, we are also laughing so hard that I am crying and my side hurts. Thankfully the parent in line after us was nice, and gave a look of understanding. In the end, I told Kevin that we need to just let her take a picture and stop telling her what to do.

She had no smile at all. I wish I had gotten the whole thing on video.

I still think we should have kept the funny photo. 

No comments: