Thursday, June 30, 2016

Memorial Day in Chicago

Our first trip of the summer was over Memorial Day weekend. I took the kids to Chicago with my mom while Kevin stayed home to dig French drains in the yard. (More on that later.) Of course the trip was about swimming, and included Timothy O'Tooles. Here are just a few pictures! I don't think the order is correct, but I don't care.

Watching the crane working on the building next door.



The Hancock Building in the background. To the right (east) is the lake and Navy Pier.

The kids were big on Greek gods this trip. Here is Colin's trident. We also had a Sea Of Monsters in the pool.

My kids became caterpillars when they got out of the water.



Add caption

Riding the bus. The kids like to sit in the middle where the front and back connect and the seats swivel.

Waiting to take the Metra to visit the Nordgaardens. They live about a mile away from a stop, so we can get to them without a car!



Colin found a new place to sit.
Back to the drains. I get a call Monday night that Kevin hurt his back digging and we need to get home ASAP. So I took some pictures of the work he had done on his own. (He has gotten more work finished since then.)




Thankfully Pappy came over to move the rocks that were in the street into the driveway. We still have a much smaller pile left in the driveway.

BONUS PICTURE: Did I share this yet? It is from out Chicago trip over Spring Break. We thought it was a total normal picture when it was taken. It is hanging up in our house now.

No comments: