Thursday, July 16, 2015

July 4th Fireworks

This year, we returned to Downtown St. Charles for fire works. St. Louis has some flooding, and the place we sat last year is underwater. Which was a bit cool for some reason.

This was the hill the boys played on last year. Even though they look grumpy in last years' picture I swear they said they had fun!
Last year we didn't know there were carnival rides, and the kids were kind of bummed they didn't get to ride anything. this year we were prepared. The kids had a lot of fun, and the boys even paid for (most of) their own tickets.

Gwyn didn't want to ride alone, so Kevin rode with her. She loves swings!

Kevin loved this ride, Colin did not. It went to fast for him. They both agree that it is faster than the one at Six Flags.

Gwyn was very excited that Kevin was able to ride this with her. I think there was another dad on at the same time. I imagine they made awkward eye contact and gave each other a head nod.

This is the face Gwyn makes when I say I want t picture of her.

It was a great night! The weather was almost cool, and the crowd was great. Because of the flooding there were fewer people this year, so lines weren't too long. Again, Kevin got a funnel cake and fried Oreos. I liked the Oreos this year. I commented on how little powdered sugar he unfortunately got on the funnel cake and he said he asked for little powdered sugar. Who does that? How did I marry him?

The next day we went to my dad's to swim and see everyone. It was a nice trip and the kids have fun. We made the only holiday foods I know for the 4th of July.

The strawberries have proven to be difficult to make, but so delicious!
At the end of the night, we again set off fireworks for our neighbors. No invitations this year, but we still had about 14 extra people. Pappy and Grandma even made it. Our neighbors across the street actually said they would contribute money for fireworks next year. We really don't care if they do since our kids kindly invite people, but I guess we have set a tradition to watch the McGuire fireworks! And yet again, we have snacks to pass out. (See above picture of yummy red, white and blue food.)

1 comment:

CK said...

Kevin - Tried to email a few times to get info on your fundraising. Must have an old email. Be happy to pass along via my contact list. Looks like you have my old email as well. take the '19' out the email you have for follow up comments.

p.s.excellent family blog.