Thursday, November 13, 2014

Halloween 2014

This year both boys wanted to be boys for Halloween. Which pretty much means that they wanted to dress up as some kind of death. (This was a bit awkward when they dressed up to see my grandma at her nursing home.) At first Gwyneth was going to be Santa Claus, which was my favorite. Then she was going to be a pirate, and then finally settled on Tangled. (Which is really Rapunzel.) I should have known it would be Tangled, and I honestly did and almost bought the costume back in September, but I guess I was still hoping for Santa Claus.

Halloween was freezing this year. It was so cold. The kids had to bundle up. At least the boys could still wear their costumes on the outside, but Gwyn cried about having to wear long sleeves under her dress. And I remember being little and having the same thing happen. It ruins what you thought you would get to dress up as. I felt bad for her, but she came around once it got closer to collecting candy.

Gwyn made it around one court this year! It is much better than the 1/2 house she made it to 2 years ago, and the 3 she made it to last year! Afterward, we hung out in the house with my mom while Kevin took the boys out. After about an hour the boys returned to drop off candy and head out again, but they never left the house after getting warmed up.

It was a successful night!


Gwyn wanted a sickle, just like her brothers.

No comments: