Tuesday, May 21, 2013

This Weekend

We had a very eventful weekend. My graduation was Friday night. I graduated from Lindenwood University with my Masters in Art - Reading. I really was not that overly excited, but I wanted to make a big deal out of it for the boys. I had them go to the ceremony. I think it is important to see me walk, and to see Kevin walk next week. Talking it up to them got me more excited, though.

I am wearing black shoes and waving.
Saturday Kevin had his second baseball game. It is machine pitch this season. He was much more focused this game. It might have something to do with the chart he made up for himself. (After 20 checks he gets something. We don't know what it is - he made up the entire thing himself.) We told him if he watched the batter instead of looking at his shadow he could get a check.


Saturday evening we had family over for cake and ice cream for Colin's birthday. (He had his friend party last weekend.) On Sunday morning we had the "Make Tracks For The Zoo" run. Kevin and I ran the 5K and the boys ran the 1 mile race. Kevin placed 8th overall and 3rd in his age group, which means he got a medal at the awards. We were so proud of both boys. Kevin ran with Chase , and ran the entire time. Colin ran with daddy. He was tired but never stopped running. Near the end, daddy told him to "run like a Jedi," and he threw his arms back and did a faster run! Adorable.

Kevin, Chase, Colin, Gwyn, and Parker






After the race, the boys headed to the Cardinals game with Pappy and Grandma, while we took Gwyn home for naps. To end the weekend, the boys got mohawks after dinner.



Of course if the boys take their shirts off...


It was quite a weekend!

1 comment:

Kerr Family said...

Congrats, Jane! I love full weekends like that. It's amazing how much you can fit in just 2 days!