The
Blanchette Bridge is near our house, and it is being torn down! It is old, and, guess what is being used to tear it down? Explosives! So naturally, I took the boys to see the first chunk come down.
Last Sunday, at 10:15 the first explosion went off. We were on a nearby
hill with Gwyn and about 150 other people. At about 10:14:27, a very
tall man moved to the front and stood in front of us and 20 other
people. It made everyone start to stand up, so I didn't get a picture
of the blast. But here are some pictures!
 |
| The right side is carrying both directions of traffic. |
 |
| Boom! |
 |
| Ummm... I thought the bridge was coming down. Turns out, just the first part was going down, and none of the trusses went down that day. Darn it. That would have been cool to see. I almost wish we were down lower so we could have seen it fall into the river. |
 |
| You can kind of see the missing part. |
 |
| Now you can see it! We went to the river to see what came down. |
 |
| We went down and then up those stairs. And, as usual, Gwyn had to do everything her brothers did. Including walking up and down by herself. |
 |
| The best part? Throwing rocks at the puddle near the construction vehicle. |
No comments:
Post a Comment