Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Kevin's First Day of Kindergarten

Kevin loved his first day of kindergarten.  We dropped him off at Vacation Station in the morning, which is the latchkey program.  This way we could all be there to see him, and he could get used to it.  It was not very exciting at all.  No getting on the bus.  No waving good-bye as he walked into school.  We just all walked him in and signed him in and then they showed him where to go.  He was nervous, and wanted a hug from us.  Then Colin demanded one more hug.  When he got home, he told us all about his day.  It wasn't difficult to get him to share at all!  He said that he learned a song ("Tootsie roll, lollipop.  We were talking, but now we stop.")  He ate most of his lunch, which included a ham sandwich that he wanted to finish after dinner.  (There was one bite left.)  He made a craft project at Vacation Station.  And he sat by one of his classmates on the bus, but can't remember his name just yet.  He went to music class (he thinks), and had free time and two recesses!  (He said the kids who behave can get extra recess later on.  He was excited about that.)  And for afternoon snack he got a small cupcake since it was a classmates birthday! He was exhausted when he got home, and got to watch Electric Company while I cooked dinner.  It has been 15 minutes since he went down and I just checked on him and he is already asleep!  I didn't get as many pictures as I wanted, but with Kevin I guess I was lucky to get the ones I did.

Kevin woke up early and surprised us in the kitchen.  He was excited!

Yes, this was where he wanted his picture with his backpack.

Colin was so proud of him.

Waiting at the bus stop!


After dinner we played outside since it wasn't too hot.  We mowed the lawn and played with bubbles. 



Watching Olympic diving before bed time.  (The boys proceeded to practice diving and running for the next 20 minutes.)

1 comment:

Kerr Family said...

Such a cute picture with Colin's arm around Kevin. :)