Thursday, September 1, 2011

The End Of Summer

This summer was probably one of the best summers of my life. I was very lucky to have time alone with Gwyn. I am most appreciative that I had the time to recover and get plenty of sleep so that I didn't go crazy with exhaustion. (Thank you Pappy Grandma!) Having this time during the day gave me quality time with the kids on the weekends, evenings, and special days alone with the boys.

So to end the summer, we took a family trip (without Gwyn) to 6 Flags! After dropping Gwyn off and having breakfast out, we drove out. We started off on the Log Flume, which both boys liked. Then we headed to the old Castaway Kids ride, which is now Scooby-Doo. It was darker and scarier than we thought, and although both boys were scared while riding it, they both wanted to return. I think it had a lot to do with the ray guns used to shoot the bad guys on the ride.

Scooby-Doo ride with guns

Colin was most excited to ride the giant carousel. I think he liked being able to see the whole park.

On the way up to the top!

While in the kids' area, the boys enjoyed the tamer, slower rides. Here are a few pictures.

On the planes.

Swings

LinkThis is the playground they got to run around in.

Kevin was even brave enough to try two roller coasters. He is tall enough to ride them with one of us. He first wanted to try Pandemonium. (Here is a video on it.) The car spins as it goes around the track. He immediately shrank down in his seat, but he got through it. I just held on to him. He didn't like it, but he wasn't upset when he got off.

He was still brave enough to try the Mine Train with Kevin. (Here is video of it.) He did not like that at all. Kevin said that he was so scared he was getting extremely upset. This one goes much faster and there is a big hill in a tunnel at the end. We will not try this one again for a while.

We had a lot of fun that day, with pretty good weather and some short lines. However, we know next time not to end with the bumper cars. Colin wasn't tall enough to ride, so he and I had to sit outside and watch. I asked if he wanted to go and ride something else or go for a walk, but he didn't want to. And to make it worse, it was the longest line of the day.

Kevin and Daddy on the bumper cars.

Colin watching. :(

Overall, both boys still had a great time, and we can't wait to return next summer!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

this makes me feel old!!!